The German Village Society is looking for up to three student interns to work with us during summer 2013.
Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations, Nonprofit/Historic Preservation, Library Sciences, Tourism
The German Village Society is a non-profit charitable association that works on the behalf of the community and city to preserve our historic neighborhood by:
- Educating local and state government leaders to value, protect and enhance our community.
- Supporting the historical character of our properties.
- Providing a Visitor Center to welcome and educate visitors.
- Providing a Meeting Haus for gathering and celebrating.
- Partnering with other organizations to enhance our parks and the presence of the arts in our community.
- Encouraging volunteerism and supporting social events that weave the community together, that introduce new friends and that help make the Village a vibrant, engaged community.
The members of the German Village Society serve as Caretakers of A Legacy, dedicated to retaining the character and distinction of the past, while creating a thriving and contemporary community in German Village.
German Village is a premier tourist destination for Columbus. The Society, working with the German Village Commission, is a national leader in historic preservation efforts that help maintain the unique architecture of our neighborhood.
Our interns work as junior staff members to carry out the mission of the Society. Here’s a list skills we are seeking:
-Social media expertise
-Event management and planning
-Marketing of our tourism outreach
-Collections/Archives Database Management
-Cataloging of our archives
-Digitization of our archives
-Member/donor database management
-Research the neighborhood for educational tours
-Serve as tour guide to visitors to our neighborhood
-General clerical duties
Must be outgoing and personable. Must be willing to pitch in and help out with a variety of projects and tasks. Must be available at least three 8-hour days a week. Must be receiving credit for your internship – no other compensation is offered.
How To Apply:
Please send an email outlining your interests and expertise from the above list of skills to Director Shiloh Todorov, email@example.com.