The German Village Society is a non-profit charitable association that works on the behalf of the community and city to preserve our historic neighborhood by:
- Educating local and state government leaders to value, protect and enhance our community.
- Supporting the historical character of our properties.
- Providing a Visitor Center to welcome and educate visitors.
- Providing a Meeting Haus for gathering and celebrating.
- Partnering with other organizations to enhance our parks and the presence of the arts in our community.
- Encouraging volunteerism and supporting social events that weave the community together, that introduce new friends and that help make the Village a vibrant, engaged community.
The German Village Society operating budget comes from events such as the Haus und Garten Tour, membership dues, grants, corporate sponsorship and contributions. Our expenses include staff, community programs, publications such as the newsletter, membership directory, website, and the operations of the Meeting Haus and contributions to area organizations.
The members of the German Village Society serve as Caretakers of A Legacy, dedicated to retaining the character and distinction of the past, while creating a thriving and contemporary community in German Village.
Consider becoming a member of the German Village Society today!