Another merger enlarged the Germania in the late 1920′s. The Germania merged with the Kicker’s Soccer Club which for many years was a very active part of our organization. Located in a residence on Kossuth Street the Germania outgrew its facility. In 1927 the Germania purchased the present location from the estate of Nicolaus Schlee, one of the prestigious brew masters of the neighborhood. The society is now located in the neighborhood known as Brewery District of Columbus.
Originally the Germania provided a home for new immigrants to feel welcomed and socialize while learning the new language of their adopted land. Over the years the Germania has made it its mission to retain, promote and disseminate all that is good about German culture. A major component of this mission is the practice and performance of German song. Our choruses participate and support public events throughout the year in appreciation for the community’s support.
Other activities of our membership includes: Folk Dancing, Lanuage classes, the Accordian club, Bicycling and Soccer, just to name a few.
The strength of the Germania is in the quality of its membership. Our members, coming from all walks of life are generous with their support. Our society prospers under the guidance of gifted and dedicated members.
Come and join our association of friends!