IMPORTANT GERMAN VILLAGE COMMISSION UPDATES
UPDATE - MAY 19 -- The City of Columbus Planning Office has issued additional guidance for upcoming virtual commission meetings, including the German Village Commission Meeting on Tuesday, June 2 at 4pm. Visit the City of Columbus Historic Preservation and Design Review Areas homepage here.
For detailed instructions for public participation, click here.
For detailed instructions for applicants, click here.
A few important notes for everyone:
- Applications are being heard in the order they were submitted.
- All board and commission meetings are scheduled for 90 minutes and will last no longer than 120 minutes. Any application that is not heard within that time frame will be moved to the next month's meeting.
- Meetings will be held on WebEx and broadcast live on YouTube - if you wish to provide testimony, you need to request a WebEx meeting link from email@example.com no less than two hours, but preferably no less than 24 hours prior to the meeting.
- Comments and questions to be read need to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no less than 24 hours prior to the meeting.
If you have any additional questions, please contact Andrew Dodson, Manager, Historic Preservation & Outreach, at email@example.com.
A Message From Our Board of Trustees Vice President
Columbia Gas Project Updates
COTA Service Update
- As stated in a previous communication, the package delivery service will be temporarily suspended effective at 4:00 PM on Wednesday, March 18, 2020.
- The Meeting Haus is closed effective immediately and until further notice to all non-essential persons, including the public, members, and visitors.
- All events scheduled for the Meeting Haus or hosted by the German Village Society through May 31 have been cancelled and the appropriate committee chairs have been notified. All meetings have been cancelled or rescheduled as conference calls. The GVS staff will work diligently to reschedule all events and meetings as soon as possible.
- The City of Columbus has cancelled all commission meetings and hearings for April and no projects will be reviewed or processed. The City’s statement states, “As we cannot limit the number of people that choose to attend a board, commission, or panel meeting, nor can we determine the health of any attendee, we have made the decision to cancel all commission, board, and panel meetings staffed by the Planning Division of the Department of Development through April 14, 2020. Due to the health emergency and reduced staff, staff will not be reviewing or processing any applications at this time.”
- In order to continue to do the business of its members, the German Village Society Staff will continue to work from the administrative office located in the Meeting Haus until 4:00 PM on Friday, March 20, 2020. After Friday, March 20, 2020, all GVS staff will begin working remotely until further notice. The staff is dedicated to continuing to provide a high level of service to our members and carrying out the mission work of the German Village Society. Below is a list of staff members and their contact information:
We apologize for the inconvenience and disruption that these steps may cause; however, they are necessary and critical to doing our part to stop the spread of COVID-19.