IMPORTANT GERMAN VILLAGE COMMISSION UPDATES
UPDATE - MAY 19 -- The City of Columbus Planning Office has issued additional guidance for upcoming virtual commission meetings, including the German Village Commission Meeting on Tuesday, June 2 at 4pm. Visit the City of Columbus Historic Preservation and Design Review Areas homepage here.
For detailed instructions for public participation, click here.
For detailed instructions for applicants, click here.
A few important notes for everyone:
- Applications are being heard in the order they were submitted.
- All board and commission meetings are scheduled for 90 minutes and will last no longer than 120 minutes. Any application that is not heard within that time frame will be moved to the next month's meeting.
- Meetings will be held on WebEx and broadcast live on YouTube - if you wish to provide testimony, you need to request a WebEx meeting link from email@example.com no less than two hours, but preferably no less than 24 hours prior to the meeting.
- Comments and questions to be read need to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no less than 24 hours prior to the meeting.
If you have any additional questions, please contact Andrew Dodson, Manager, Historic Preservation & Outreach, at email@example.com.
UPDATE – MAY 5 — On Tuesday, May 5, 2020, the City of Columbus announced some process updates that will affect all boards and commissions, including the German Village Commission.
- Due to the ongoing COVID-19 crisis, commissions and boards of the City have been authorized to conduct business digitally. For more information, click here.
- The Planning Division has announced new processes and procedures, including important changes to application submittal dates, staff approval procedure, and processing expectations. We support the City’s goal; to provide “Efficiency, Transparency, and Predictability in the application process.” For more information, click here.
- The next German Village Commission meeting will be held via video conference on Tuesday, June 2, 2020. For ongoing meeting schedule updates, agendas, and meeting minutes, click here.
We will continue to keep you up to date as we navigate these changes together. If you have any additional questions, please contact Andrew Dodson, Manager, Historic Preservation & Outreach, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The upcoming German Village Commission Agenda and previous month’s minutes can be found on the German Village Commission website. In the interim, while the City Historic Preservation Office staff is in transition, applications and previous month’s minutes can be found below.
GVC meetings are held the first Tuesday of every month beginning at 4:00 PM at 111 N. Front St., Hearing Room 204. You may park for FREE in the garage just north of 111 N. Front. Enter from Ludlow Alley, as shown on the map below. There will be a guard shack as you enter. Let them know that you are there for the German Village Commission meeting.
When you enter 111 N. Front at the northeast corner entrance, walk back to the back wall and check in with security. They will then direct you to the hearing room on the second floor.
Contact the Columbus Historic Preservation office at GVC@columbus.gov if you have any questions regarding the agenda or applications. Applications are available for in-person review at the Columbus Historic Preservation Office. If the link to view agenda or application does not work, contact the German Village Society.
Archived Application Details