Tim Bibler | Board of Trustees & Chair of GV Parking Committee
After reviewing and discussing the parking concerns of residents and reports from the German Village Parking Committee the German Village Society Board of Trustees requested that the Columbus Division of Mobility and Parking conduct a parking study for the German Village area. The purpose of this study is to identify parking issues with the overall goal to improve parking conditions for residents, businesses, and visitors. The area proposed for the study would include German Village and one or two blocks, around the perimeter of German Village.
Some issues of concern are:
- The lack of on-street parking in some areas for residents who do not have off-street parking.
- Where needed parking solutions for high volume business.
- A review and update of Loading Zones to determine the appropriate use, location, and time of day.
- Review the relevancy of the current parking permit zones. This would include determining the necessity of current parking zone(s) and the restrictions regarding the day and time in the permitted parking zones.
- Review all the traffic/parking signage. Is the signage necessary, properly placed, easy to understand, and consistent?
- Review/solutions to downtown workers using parts of German Village as a parking lot during the day.
The Division of Mobility and Parking has agreed to perform a parking study for the German Village area this summer. A public meeting will be held at the German Village Society Meeting Haus at 6:00 PM on April 4, 2023. The purpose of this meeting is for you to express your parking concerns and thoughts to improve parking. More information will be provided about the meeting in the coming weeks.
March 9. 2023 – Neighbors4Neighbors available here.